The right to rent or use the marital home can be attributed to one of the two parties by the court. You can indicate your decision on the form. Your choice will be included in the request. The statement only concerns the right of occupation and is therefore independent of any possible division of capital gain on the home (in case of property).

If a house is allocated to one of you, remember that the transfer must take place at the notary’s office after the divorce. The notary shall prepare an act of division and possibly a new mortgage deed. This procedure is separate to the divorce procedure, you must make the arrangements for yourself. If the marriage has a separation of property and the home must be transferred from one spouse to the other, you are advised to contact a notary and to keep us informed.